Easy 3 Bean Chilli & Loaded Nacho Bowl
Take your nacho game to the next level with these delicious (and surprisingly filling) nacho bowls, packed with lots of colourful veggies, crunchy nacho chips, and a nourishing three bean chilli. Although this dish has many different components, it really does leave room for flexibility depending on what you enjoy eating, what is available in your pantry and fridge, and whether you want to have it as a shared appetiser or main meal. I hope you enjoy it!
Easy 3 Bean Chilli & Loaded Nacho Bowls
A crispy, crunchy, colourful bowl of nacho goodness that pulls out all the stops to make your tastebuds and tummy happy.
For the 3 Bean Chilli:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 fresh, medium tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small fresh chilli
- 1 tin (400g) three bean mix
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste For the Nacho Bowls:
- 100g plain tortilla chips
- 1-2 handfuls grated cheddar cheese
- 200g tinned corn, drained
- 2 large handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- For the 3 bean chilli: Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and sautée for 5 mins. Add the roughly chopped tomatoes, sliced red fresh chilli, and drained tins of mixed beans and chickpeas. Cook for 5 mins before adding the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Mix everything together, bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the chilli has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the cheesy nacho chips (optional): Preheat your oven to grill (i.e. nice and HOT). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and distribute the tortilla chips over the sheet evenly. Scatter the grated cheese over the nacho chips. Place in the hot oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble and become golden. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Assemble the nacho bowls: In each bowl, place a nice big handful of greens, a few spoonfuls of corn, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, and a generous portion of 3 bean chilli. Add some cheesy nacho chips, a hearty dollop of guacamole, and finish things off with some fresh chopped coriander.